wants to watch Talk to Me
Eric J - Posts
finished watching Nine to Five 🌕🌕🌕🌑🌑
I'm pretty sure I've never seen this all the way through in one sitting and that I'd only seen parts of it randomly here and there. This movie is much sillier than I thought it was, but not always in the best of ways.
Anyway, a decent time was still had and I'm glad those gals were able to bond and, together, mostly overcome all the horrors and setbacks of their workplace.
Also, that Dolly song is undeniable.
Lastly, in this movie, someone says of someone else that they are "a wart on the nose of humanity." In Steel Magnolias (1989), someone says of someone else that they are "a boil on the butt of humanity." Odd that that sort of phrase should be in two of Dolly's films.
finished reading Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑
A really great read that I mostly enjoyed until about the last 20 pages (give or take) where it became an exposition dump of sorts. I had hopes for a supernatural affair, so perhaps it was more me that let myself down.
finished watching Primetime 🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑
So many seriously great (over-the-top?) performances are on display in this fantastical, fictionalized story of mostly real events, and it's also a sorta meta-commentary about the predatory nature of, perhaps, everyone and everything in "the industry" (not just the predators they were-a catching).
It won't be for everyone, especially if you're someone who's looking for something more grounded, but it was certainly for me.